Thank you for taking the time to have a look around my blog. If you would like to contact me about anything, be it a book you wish me to review or a request to friend me on Goodreads, please get in touch via this email:
If you are contacting me to ask for a book review, please read through the following policy. Hopefully, this should make it easier to decide whether your publication is right for me and what you should expect from my review.
- First of all, I am UK-based, so if you are sending me a print publication, this may impact on your costs.
- Review copies currently accepted in print and .Mobi files for Kindle (I am having issues with conversion at the moment!). I will accept .pdf files for short stories and novellas, but you may have to bear with me on timings for this.
- If you have a deadline, please make this clear in your email and try to give me a month or two (or three) to read it by.
- I read a range of books, but I am particularly interested in fantasy, sci-fi, YA, NA (but it needs to have a twist), fairytale retellings and dystopias. I am partial to the likes of Joanne Harris, Markus Zusak and Carlos Ruiz Zafon, so anything rather like their books will entice me. I also enjoy historical fiction, but it will hook me so much more if it has a fantasy/paranormal/fairytale twist.
- I rate books (and films) out of 5, with 5 being the highest. A 2.5 generally infers that it was readable and enjoyable but I probably wouldn't read it again. Kind of like a beach read.
- However, I am a very positive reviewer, but I do try to keep the reviews honest. If I dislike a character, I will let it be known, but I usually try to find explanations to this dislike of an element.
- I cannot guarantee to review every book sent to me, but I will try my hardest to. Generally if I say yes to something, I will follow through with it no matter what.
- That last point goes for reading the actual book too. I tend to struggle through books even if I dislike them, and have only ever not finished one or two. I think this gives it a fairer review if you read right until the end.
- I do not read or review sequels, prequels or tie-in novellas without having read or reviewed the previous books beforehand, so please check with me on this point. I am completely open to being sent a series to read where I will be able to gather the background for the most recent book, but again, I will need time to do this.
- I have no interest in any non-fiction books, yes even biographies. For me, reading is all about escapism, so the more fantastical, the better.
- I also do not tend to read graphic novels, comics, poetry or erotica - they're just not my cup of tea (unless you're Neil Gaiman, and then I'll consider it).