- Fast-paced and easy to follow.
- Great ideas of good, evil, Praesul and Demons to give the story a fantastical edge based on things we already understand.
- Perfect for the YA readership, though perhaps a younger category than the main character as she is a little bit naive.
- Totally readable and easy to pick up. Perfect for a bit of light reading.
- Points for the cover - Josh is HOT.
- One dimensional characters, particularly Deb, Katie's Mum, Wes and his Dad.
- A little too much teen angst and self-pity.
- No decision-making for the main character to move the story on, so grew a little stale.
- A couple of grammatical errors - 'worse comes to worse' is meant to be 'worst' (I'm pretty certain, anyway).
A cast of fairly unlikeable characters gives little for the reader to care about, but it is a fun, easy-going read. You do tend to egg Katie on all the time, but tend to feel exasperated with her. The ending is certainly interesting, with a big old cliffhanger ready for the next book, but it doesn't quite answer the 'will she, won't she' question. Still, it might have been me, given that I am not exactly a YA any more!