24 June 2011

Raising Demons - Rachel Hawkins

I do believe Rachel Hawkins has done it again. She writes in such a way that I really couldn't put this book down. Yes, it took me a little longer than 4 hours this time, and then only because I had important things to do.

Again this book is hilarious, and even though the main character is a teenager, I could relate. The plot this time is a lot more 'twisty' and I really didn't want it to end. One bad thing though, I don't have the next one, so how on earth am I going to finish the story?

I am hooked, not only because the storytelling is good, but because it is no longer in the school, people we thought were good are actually bad and there are still those beautiful popular culture references without any hugely overbearing similarities to other books.

All in all, another good read, despite this very short review. I think it deserves a 9/10, simply because it ended in the worst place I could have hoped for, and with so much unanswered!

(Also called Demonglass)

No comments:

Post a Comment