30 April 2014

Wednesday Wishlist #4



The week's wishlist is entirely devoted to everything Cassandra Clare-related. I have seen Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, and I have read Clockwork Angel, but now is the time to read all the rest:


The Mortal Instruments Series

I was introduced to Clary and Jace by way of film, and I really enjoyed it. But with most films adaptations, I know that something will be missing to make the series even better for me. Some aspects of books simply don' translate into films, and sometimes side plots distract too much from the central action, so I would love to know all the side plots that will come out of this series, and what they put in or missed out. Comparing books to their film adaptations has always been a bit of a hobby for me, so I'm looking forward to reading these books.



The Infernal Devices Trilogy

Apparently this is the best trilogy out of the lot, and it doesn't matter which order you read it all in. Naturally, I went chronologically by date and started with Clockwork Angel. I loved it, and now I am craving more steam-punk to add to my steadily growing collection.



The Bane Chronicles

Sometimes you just want a bit of context, and this series of short stories based on warlock Magnus Bane (the character that really links the two series up) promises to deliver that. They're not so important to me as the other two series, but as a point of interest I would like to read them at some point.

Have you read these series? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment