5 May 2014

The Reading Pile #2

I have so, so many books to read!

Recently I've had three new purchases, but I thought I'd also share with you a couple of books on my Kindle that I'm also dying to read:

The Luminaries - Eleanor Catton
This book was recommended to me by a colleague, and then I heard all the hype and decided I might go for it. I finally did when I spotted it in Tesco for £3.85. Then I looked to the right and saw...

Half Bad - Sally Green
Yes, this was also in Tesco for £3.85, but because I bought these two together they only cost me £3.50 each. Considering the RRP on them is £9.99 and £7.99, I think I've got a really good deal there. I've been reading a fair bit on the blogosphere about this one, and although it kind of reminded me of Beautiful Creatures (as a heads up, I've only seen the film so this could be incorrect as I know the film differs a lot from the book), I think it will stand up on its own.

Glamour in Glass - Mary Robinette Kowal
The sequel to Shades of Milk and Honey, which I utterly devoured. This was a Kindle Daily Deal, so I snapped it up sharpish. I hope this is as subtle and calming as its' predecessor.

Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
Apparently this is being made into a film? I have no idea whether that's true or not, but if it is the case, I need to read it ASAP. Again, this has had a lot of attention and so It automatically went on my radar.

The Maze Runner - James Dashner
It's been on my Kindle for a little while now because once again it was a Daily Deal, and if it's on my wishlist, I have to buy it while it's cheap. Another book I have to read before I see the film. It's no good seeing the film if you can't compare it to the original in my opinion.

Have you read any of these books yet? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment