17 June 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #10 - Places to Read



Top Ten Tuesday is a Meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where I will be picking from their top tens and attempting to reveal what my thinking is behind these choices.

I actually found this Top Ten really difficult! There are only so many places you can go to read a book! Luckily, I managed it... just. This is an attempt for you to get to know the real me; the lazy me who likes nothing better than to sit around reading instead of typing away at a computer screen. I hope you like it!



Places to Read:

1.Lying outside, on the grass, in the sun.

Isn't that just the best way to read? On a beautiful day there's nothing better than getting a tan whilst immersing yourself in a good book.

2.On holiday.
You have absolutely nothing better to do. You have no worries about work and no qualms about spending too much time reading when you should be doing something productive. Bliss.

3.On a park bench in the sun.
Nothing feels better than surrounding yourself with beautiful things and wonderful smells, so sitting on a park bench near some roses really brings me a sense of relaxation.

4.Snuggled up in bed next to my boyfriend.
I love the companionship that goes with this one. We are spending time with each-other whilst doing something that we both love. Yes, in effect we are ignoring each-other, but it really doesn't feel like that.

5.In a onesie (or under my snuggie, depends how I'm feeling), a cup of tea in one hand and my Kindle in the other.
Sometimes I don't care where I'm reading as long as I'm warm and settled. The Kindle is helpful because it frees up your hands to do other things, so I love reading it with a nice cuppa.

6.Under a bright light, cushioned into the corner of the sofa with the fire burning.
This is my all-time favourite position for cold evenings, and is sometimes accompanied by the prescence of the aforementioned onesie or snuggie.

7.In a warm conservatory
I love going outside and reading, it's true, but I get hot and cold too easily. A conservatory fixes all my problems, as if it's too windy outside for me to be warm enough, I simply sit in the corner on a chair and read there. The best part is, you get loads of light to read by and are still nearly surrounded by nature and quiet.

8.Whilst travelling on long journeys
Any journey will do, really. I don't get travel-sick, so long journeys are a perfect excuse to get stuck into a book. These can range from an hour or two to the gruelling hours it takes to traverse european countries so I can go on holiday somewhere slightly warmer. The great thing is, it's very comfy in a car, and sometimes I'll bring  blanket or something to wrap myself in so it's pretty snuggly too.

9.On the way to work, on the bus
I will read anywhere, but the short minutes I get to myself on the bus to work are best spent reading. That way, I forget I'm even going there and am transported to somewhere else entirely.

10. On a beach
Sandy beaches are great, as long as you don't mind ruining your book with sand a bit, of course. I try to read light fiction that I'm unlikely to pick up again here, and so the day passes quite nicely. Stony beaches are a bit more difficult; I have to bring a chair for them!


Kyrax

No comments:

Post a Comment